The role of the school principal in developing school performance
The principal is the most important position in the school where he is the role model for students, teachers and all staff; The school principal is responsible for developing the school’s performance and achieving its educational and educational goals, as well as developing and improving teachers’ performance by making them enroll in training programs and workshops that help meet the school’s needs.
school principal is considered the constructive, active and leader who plays an important role in the conduct of the educational process and its success and supports positive change. He is responsible for providing a positive and healthy educational environment that works on the professional development of teachers, developing and improving the curriculum, and providing time for joint planning among teachers, conducting workshops for them and encouraging them to exchange visits The class, developing their energies and abilities, and involving them in the responsibility and authority in managing the school, stimulating and motivating students to learn by providing the suitable atmosphere. The principal can know everything related to the teacher, and because the school principal is the link of communication and communication between the elements of the educational process, he is the constructive, active and leader , and the success of the educational institution stems from his success.
The role of the school principal is considered an influential factor in the success of the educational process as a whole. He is the leader and the owner of fateful decisions, and his role is always summed up in some of the duties and obligations that are countless, and also has an important role in developing the educational process. He is the one who receives ministerial decisions and implements them within the school, and he The one who encourages students and teachers to continuously progress and spread the positive spirit among them so that everyone works within the school in an organized and integrated manner and supports the relationship between students and teachers so that an achievement is achieved in the school and the most important goals of the educational process are achieved.
What is school development?
School development means developing from a specific method that the school used to follow in management from the old and traditional stage to the advanced method, whether it is fully technological or proceeding on fixed steps and based on clear and stable experiences, Development always means improving efficiency and setting important plans to improve efficiency to achieve goals.
What are the roles of the school principal in developing school performance?
The principal is the supervisor of all the school’s work, activities and workflow. He directs his school’s teachers and is directly responsible for spreading the spirit of harmony and cooperation among them. Among the school principal’s roles and responsibilities are:
First - the administrative role of the school principal:-
The administrative role is defined as the process of controlling the school system and supervising the workflow in the school, and this requires the director to carry out administrative responsibilities, including: -
1- Organizing records, files, statistics and financial affairs.
3- Assigning responsibilities to the teaching staff and school staff.
4- Accepting students, transferring them, distributing them to classes, and providing them with certificates.
5- Control of absence, attendance and delay.
6- Controlling exit from the school system.
7- Supervising buildings and facilities.
8- Providing and maintaining books, educational aids and other supplies for teachers and students.
9- Activating the relationship between the school and the local community.
10- Providing the Directorate of Education with the required information.
11- Coordination and cooperation with other schools in terms of curricular and extracurricular activities.
12- Mutual visits between school teachers and other schools.
Second - the technical role of the school principal:-
The technical role is defined as the process of supervising the progress of the educational process and raising its level. This requires the principal to perform the following roles:-
1- Monitoring and evaluating teachers’ work.
2- Holding meetings in which curricula and textbooks are discussed and ways to benefit from their content.
3- Follow up on the professional needs of teachers.
4- Field visits to classes and coordination of teachers' work and effort.
5- Holding workshops for teachers on the importance of using teaching aids and diversifying teaching methods.
6- Continue to teach the curriculum properly.
7- Helping students to overcome the difficulties that hinder their progress in studies.
8- Planning for diagnostic and achievement tests and drawing their results.
What are the skills and attributes that describe a successful school principal:
- To have the ability to solve problems.
- To be a good listener so that he can make important decisions.
- Tact in speaking.
- He has the ability to quickly solve problems.
- To be receptive to change.
- To be a leader for the school and for students and to be a role model for them.
School Principal Jobs and Skills: How to Become a Successful School Principal?
There are several qualities that managers must have in order to be effective and successful, but among the first qualities that they must possess are:
- He has the ability to communicate with teachers and students.
- Work to support the relationship between teachers and students.
- To be a diplomatic director.
- To be a good role model for students and staff.
- To be democratic and have the ability to take important and fair decisions.
- To be bound by school deadlines.
- He must have a strong personality, but he must be flexible.
- To be open and up to date with technology.
- Has the ability to plan for the future and develop alternative plans for crises.
- To support and strengthen relationships in the school.
- To be firm and distribute tasks in all packages.
- To be looking forward to what is renewed and aware of what is happening in society and love reading because it is a role model.
- To be humane and sympathetic to the students and to spread the spirit of patriotism in the students.
- He has the ability to strengthen the relationship between Muslim students and other religions.
- Develop alternative plans in the crisis stage.
The most important problems of teachers with the school principal?
- Teachers’ problems with principals can be summed up in several points, the first of which is the lack of attention to their requests and the lack of attention to their repeated complaints.
- Not delivering support and appreciation to them.
- Not being grateful and showing admiration for their work.
- The marginalization of some teachers in their decisions or suggestions.
- Communicate negative feedback all the time.
School development plan in light of modern technology standards
The school development steps are summarized in several factors, namely, the use of educational technology mainly, and technology supports the link between students, teachers and parents. Technology in turn supports the educational process in a strong way, through the mechanization of the educational process and shortening the time in completing certain administrative tasks. It also helps in:
- Converting paper files into electronic files to ensure their longevity.
- Distributing certain powers to employees and completing work electronically.
- Work with high efficiency and safety.
- Seeing the world and owning a school website.
- Managing student affairs entirely electronically.
- Organizing school control work and shortening many steps that were done on paper.
- Personnel management.
- Electronic warehouse management.
- Supporting the electronic submission of students applying to the school.
Technology has fully supported the educational system and helps all departments to take the right decisions. For more details, please contact us.