School website design | The most important features and tips
In light of the rapid development that we live in today, the use of the Internet has become an essential thing in our daily life
its use has expanded in various fields. The importance of using the Internet for commercial companies is not limited only to the great facilities it provides to the owners of institutions of all kinds, whether commercial or educational. Therefore, the design of your school management system is a successful and necessary step for the development of the educational process and using learning technology because it facilitates communication between the student and the teacher and the ease of following parents to advance the educational level of their children. In addition, it is a very special interface for your school as the presence of the school's website distinguishes it from the rest of the competitors and it facilitates easy access to your school (parents) to your school online easily.
The importance of having a website for your school
With the spread of krona virus to date, schools are directing to use the Internet to continue the educational process in what is known as distance education because it is the best solution to ensure the continuation of the educational process and communication between teachers and students. Imagine that this solution was not available, of course, the result would have been negative and your school would be forced to close completely, and you would be exposed to losses, in addition to the delay in the educational level of students, so let's learn together about the importance of having a website for your school:
- It is an interface for your school on the Internet.
- Raising private information about the school and the method of communication.
- An easy way to maintain communication between students and teachers.
- An easy way to communicate with parents.
- Making electronic tests for students to answer from home.
- View the students' academic results on the site.
- Upload study materials on the site for students.
- Adding an electronic library for students on the site.
The advantages of designing a website for your school:
- The possibility of entering the site through the phone or from a computer.
- The possibility of explaining the educational materials through videos and illustrations.
- The possibility of doing online exams for students.
- The possibility of parents following up on the level of their parents.
- The possibility of creating a section dedicated to displaying the latest activities within the school.
- Create an advertising space to display the activities and the latest news in the school.
- Create a special section to know the number of visitors to the site.
- Create a special section for the surveys and the opinions of parents.
What should be considered while designing a website for a school?
- When designing a website for a school, the availability of all information about the school must be taken into account, for example (contact information - introduction to the faculty and directors - address).
- The shape, design and colors must be taken into account in an attractive and appropriate way for the purpose for which it was designed, which is a school site.
- A special section must be specified for the lists of school rules and activities available at the school.
- You must take into account the part that there is a part for parents to present their suggestions.
But let's talk more about the most important tips on how to design a website for a school:
1- Shape and design:
Attention should be paid to choosing colors and font sizes, and it should be simple and consistent in order not to get distracted and help everyone browse the site comfortably. Therefore, it must:
- Relying on two or three colors at most when designing the site.
- Use one font in all sections of the site that fits the documents, files and documents available on it.
- Pay attention to high quality images.
- Sections and pages must be inclusive of all information and their number is small so that visitors to the site are not distracted.
2. Information about the school
Here you should add all information about the school such as address, phone number, fax, school email address and dedicate a section to identify the school such as:
The history of its creation and achievements as the most prominent figures from which I graduated.
3- School agenda
Take care of the work of his agenda for the school to organize and arrange all activities, school trips and test dates.
4- The internal laws of the school
To overcome the internal problems in the school you can put these rules and laws for the school on the site as follows:
- Domestic law
- List of school supplies
- School uniform
- School transport
5- Communicating with parents and guardians
Attention should be given to providing mechanisms through the school's website through which parents can communicate with teachers and learn about the developments that occur in the school and concerning their children.
6- Pictures and videos:
Some photos and videos of each activity must be documented, and care must be taken to display them in an attractive, appropriate and high quality manner, and all of this is included in a section called the photo gallery.
Therefore, if you are a school owner or principal, you should reconsider creating a website for your school that reflects its position in front of parents and makes the school a strong presence among competitors.