Advantages and pros and cons of distance learning
During the Corona virus, the digital transformation in the educational process has had a major impact in helping schools complete classes, and it has also been the main concern of the Ministry of Education to place it as the cornerstone upon which schools rely for any emergency circumstances, and also to keep up with the technological development like the rest of the countries, and after which many schools applied the system of remote education and created virtual classes for students to learn from students. We will present the most important features and constraints of remote education and how it has contributed to the student's moral and psychological independence
Remote education features:
1- Remote education is distinguished by that it is available at any time, not related to time or place
2- You're free to choose what kind of lessons you have and the available time
3- Develop student awareness because he has a lot of choices
4- Easy and direct communication with the material teacher
5- It's far less expensive than following a system in one of the educational centers.
6- You can communicate day and night and also exceed the limits of time and space.
7- The student who seeks information and develops aspiration what's different.
8- It grows in the student how to be self-reliant.
Obstacles to remote education:
There are many Obstacles affecting remote education includes:
1- Some students are not qualified to deal with technology
2- The difficulty of dealing with students through the virtual classroom and with teachers
3- The failure of some students to comply with established school dates
4- The delay theory on which most students rely
5- Students may become more inundated with the technology world and neglect normal life
6- Lack of qualified teachers and apprentices to deal with students through technology
The pros and cons of traditional education:
1- The cons of traditional education:-
- The traditional system is more based on indoctrination by the teacher, from which the student receives information only from him and is not interested in searching for it.
- Making student routine doesn't always like innovation.
- The student hasn't ability to deal with his colleagues through collective work.
- The student seeks more to memorize and not to pay attention to understanding the information.
- There are a lot of subjects that students don't understand.
2- The pros of traditional education:-
- Direct communication is based on good interaction and also the removal of any means of communication.
- Impose greater opportunities for discussions and interaction between the teacher and his students.
- The lack of access to the Internet has not affected the educational process.
- A large group of students benefit from it.
- The teacher can complete the curriculum within the specified period.
- Low cost compared to remote education.
Distance learning properties:
1- Remove the awe of students and sometimes fear of dealing directly with the teacher, and have students deal more comfortably with the teacher rather than face-to-face, which can sometimes lead to student fear.
2- Different types of learning that student relies on, like animated media, videos and different books.
3- Students' lack of commitment to the obstacles of time and space, which works to comfort the student in choosing the right time to learn.
4- The teacher takes more time in preparing educational materials and presenting them to students.
5- Opening up great opportunities for discussion between students and each other.